Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 44 Riding Dirty






New Iberia, LA to Amelia, LA

We awoke to the sound of the howling wind and once again knew weather would play a big factor in our day. We made the decision last night to take the 138 to shield us from the wind. This ended up being a good decision because the roads were someone pothole free. For most of the day the wind was coming from the right front with an occasional dead wind. By taking the 138 we got to enjoy the beautiful plantation homes and other nice scenery. Jimmy's arm and back were feeling better today due to the fact that the road conditions were better. About half way through the day we started to get a slight mist which was welcoming because it cooled us down but the slight mist quickly turned into a complete downpour. We rode in the rain for approximately 2 hours until we finally got to the town of Amelia, LA. We rode a total of 61 miles and it felt great to get in a full days mileage again. Hopefully Jimmy's body will continue to and improve and we can continue to stay on track with our daily goals.

JB & Cory
East Bound & Down

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jimmy, my name is Steve. I'm 48 and I have a spinal-cord injury. Last year, in Aug., I jumped my Redline BMX cruiser off of a cement ledge down to the sidewalk below. I didn't have the speed I needed to land flat and I endoed and landed straight down on my head and damaged my C5 thru C7 vertebrae. I rode my bike twice a week to stay in shape and I raced BMX on it. I have a lot of hours on my bike. I rode and raced my YZ in the So. Cal. deserts and local tracks. I figured that if I was going to get a serious injury, it would be on my YZ, not my BMX bike. It happened and now I'm paralyzed from the chest down, in a power wheelchair and going to physical therapy three days a week. I heard about your bike ride across the country and I saw the photo in Racer X - gate pics, January 2011. I'll check out the M4M website and keep track of your progress. When you get a chance, check out my website at www.followstevecampbell.com. Thanks for riding and raising money for SCI patients.

    ReplyDelete